Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

Sail Date: March 31, 2013

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Having been on cruises before I new what to expect somewhat. I however had never been on a Norwegian cruise and this was a new experience. the first problem was during meal times at the buffet we had a very difficult finding a clean place to sit. Most of the unoccupied tables were covered in dirty dishes. We would have to track people down for silverware to east with as there was no silverware provided in the holders on the tables. The drink dispensers and cups were ofter empty and there was an issue with the concentration of the juices. There was no water mixed into the concentrated juices making the drinks unpleasant, and thick. It took on average 40 minutes after the starter was served to get the entree. The food also was not great either. Everything had mayonaise on it. I asked repetedly for them to not put mayo on my plate and the did it every single time. My husband it would seem no matter what he ordered was wrong. For example he ordered steak one night and they brought him chicken. I approached the customer service man about the issues, his reply to me was that these issues were "No big deal." I was also caught off guard by the rudeness of many of the staff. We found some glasses on the ground while we were hurrying to a show. My husband attempted to give them to a crew member he laughed at him and said to my husband, "You want ME to take them to the lost and found? YOU can take them to the lost and found on deck 7" Not to mention that 2 nights in a row aftermidnight when my children were in bed we heard loud hooting and laughing in the halls. I poked my head out to find that it was two male crew members playing with towels in the hall. For us this cruise was really disappointing.
Tampa, Florida
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
Belize City, Belize
dirty and scary
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
So much fun make sure to go to Senior Frog
Charlie and Carlos was fun use your coupons! The free ribs are excellent!

Make your reservations for the week first thing or else you will get stuck with bad dinner times the entire week.