Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

A Great Spring Break Cruise!

Sail Date: March 07, 2009

We were warmly greeted as soon as we stepped onboard. I was traveling with my 20 year old, College Spring Break, Daughter and her friends, along with their Mothers. The Ship was able to accomidate the needs and likes of not only the "College Spring Breakers", but also us Mother's too! What I found was there is something for all ages, young and not as young. Our stateroom was always clean and ready for us, as if they actually knew our schedules. The cruise staff was always Happy, Informative, and always willing to help! It was a Great Experience for everyone in our group!!!

Pros: I really like the concept of "Free Style Cruising"

Cons: It took awhile to follow the ships layout.

Recommends Norwegian Dawn? Yes!

Road Town, Tortola, B.V.I.
We only went to their beach and it was nice. The only thing we were not prepared for was having to pay $5.00 to "rent" a chair per person for 3 hours. This was in addition to what we paid for this excursion. This was not mentioned by our Excursion staff on the ship.
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
As I read in previous reviews and found to be true, try and be one of the first off the ship, because of very limited beach chairs!
Don't Miss: The Snorkeling and Parasailing was Amazing.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
The shopping Meca. You can find bargins if you're will to barter with them. We found the downtown area to be better than the more commercial areas. A taxi ride to the shopping is $8.00 per person.
Cayo Levantado (Samana), Dominican Republic
We went on a Snorkeling excursion and found the staff on the boat to be fun. However where we anchored, there were not a lot of fish to be seen. They did however let passengers jump off the sides of the boat after snorkeling, and that was a fun way to end the excursion before going back to the ship.