Excellent value!!

Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

7 Night Bahamas & Bermuda (New York Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 15, 2006
Ship: Norwegian Dawn
This was my first cruise and I was very impressed with the Norwegian Dawn ship. Although a bit small for 4 people (2 adults, 1 teenager and 1 preschooler), the cabin was very clean and the decor was pleasing. fortunately, because of all the activities the ship had to offer, not a lot of time was spent in the cabin. I was very impressed with the kid's crew program. My teenage son enjoyed himself immensely!!! He participated in the majority of the teen club activities and made several friends to hang out with the entire cruise. My preschooler was a little hesitant at first, but once he went he had a really good time. It was great for me and my husband too - we were able to get in some alone time.

The food was non stop. The buffet was pretty good. The restaurants were good, not great. You'll never go hungry on this cruise, that's for sure!
The staff were very friendly and accomodating. I thought the entertainment would be somewhat corny (due to the fact it was a cruise) but I was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed the entertainment very much. The only thing I was disappointed in was the length of the port stays. I don't think you were given enough time to really enjoy each port, especially Nassau, Bahamas. The private island, Stirrup Cay, was fun even though it ended up pouring rain.

I would definitely recommend this cruise and am looking forward to taking another cruise in the future.
I only had time to take the ferry to Hamilton. Very pretty country. Would have liked to have more time to visit the beaches.
Only got to see the town at night, we were only there from 8pm to 12 pm the next day. Wasn't able to do much at this port. Disappointed in the length of stay. With 2 kids, wasn't able to do much here.
Had an enjoyable day here. The snorkeling was great, bar b que on island as well as some vendors, hair braiding. Would have stayed the full day if it didn't rain.

Pros: food, entertainment, kid's program

Cons: short stay at ports