Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

A really great time

Sail Date: July 15, 2006

Room Type: Suite

I loved this ship and would sail on it again. It was clean, staff was very helpful and friendly and it was easy to get around on it.

Pros: We were upgraded to a penthouse and given first rate treatment. Entertainment, including shows, second city comedy group and group fire and ice were marvelous. food at various restaurants, such as cagney's, and the venetian dining room was very, very good. service from our butler and concierge great

Cons: the freestyle dining gives you more flexibility to eat at different places whenever you want, but you don't build relationships with dining partners like on past cruises.

Again, we were upgraded to a penthouse. Room had good size, king sized bed, nice closet space and a table where we could eat if we liked. Balcony was also a nice size and the bathroom was much bigger than what I remembered on past cruises.
Ship was laid out very well, easy to get around. I liked the idea of having multiple choices of restaurants. It was also clean and I liked the decor. Things were very accessible for the most part.
Again, freestyle dining has its positives. There was a great variety of places to eat, everything from salsa to sushi. And, the food was good. you just don't eat with same group every night, which, if you're not that outgoing, can be an issue in terms of meeting people and developing relationships.
Our concierce Claudio, and our butler, Huda, were the best. Also, waiters and waitresses were great for the most part. Our room maid was average or below average, but the others made up for it.
The first night's entertainment, physical comedian Michael James, was a bit weak, but the other nights were great. The shows South Beach Rave, Bollywood and the Second City Touring Group were fantastic. Also, the Newlywed Game as well as Battle of the Sexes were entertaininig. Group Fire and Ice who performed in Dazzle Lounge were energetic, talented and amazing to watch.
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
Absolutely loved this private beach. Snorkeled for the first time in my life and it was the most memorable port for me.
King's Wharf, Bermuda
We took Longtail sightseeing tour. I felt it was a mustsee. Scenery was beautiful and tour guides were friendly and very knowledgeable. We ate at the Pickled Onion in Hamilton which was a really good restaurant.
Did Discover Atlantic tour. What a marvelous place. Has its own aquariuam, casino, private beach. It's how the other half lives. We enjoyed this tour, although it requires a lot of walking. Tour guide was very good.