Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Breakaway cruise to Bahamas.

Sail Date: November 16, 2014

Room Type: Suite

The Breakaway is a brand new great ship.  I have been on dozens of cruises and this ship is near the top as far as amenities, cleanliness and things to do.  But... I must say the rest of my experience was somewhat mediocre.  I think part of the cruising experience is how the personnel treat you.  Many of the cruise team were friendly and accommodating, but some acted like they didn't care.  I can say though the bartenders were definitely my favorites and most attentive!  I would rate the food 5 out of 10 and free-styling dining is definitely a plus.  The items for sale were your standard cruise items and I felt were somewhat expensive.  They also have a "final sale" policy on what you buy, but it is not posted anywhere except on the receipt they give you after you buy something.  They will take something back but you have to have a long discussion about it.  They had some really interesting outside activities such as the water slides, rope slings and a climbing wall, although we couldn't try them because the weather did not really cooperate.  I guess that's part of the risk of taking a November cruise out of New York.  We booked a mini-suite because the price was attractive, but I still felt we were in balcony style room.  The balcony was small, although the bathroom was bigger.  I didn't see the benefit to having what may be considered a larger room, so I'm not sure it was worth the extra money.  Overall I loved the ship, the different bars and entertainment were good but I felt overcrowded, and although you could have as much food as you wanted, I have had better on other cruises.  I might try this ship again in warmer weather.

Breakfast meats had a funny taste, when we ate dinner in the restaurants at night we typically sent our food back because it was cold.
Smaller than I thought for a suite.
Service and Staff Overall good crew. Our favorites were our Cabin Stewart and Christopher, one of the bartenders at the MIXX bar on Deck 6.
My favorite show ever on a cruise ship was Rock of Ages. The 3d movie shown was awesome also.
Children's Programs Didn't use them.
We didn't stop at Grand Stirrup because of the weather. I would not do this itinerary again.
New York, New York
Get on and off the ship. This is our home port.
Port Canaveral, Florida
Nothing to do if you don't take a tour and the weather is bad.
Great Stirrup Cay (Cruiseline Private Island), Bahamas
Don't know didn't stop here.