Back on the Bliss

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review to Mexico

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Norwegian Bliss

7 Night Mexican Riviera (Los Angeles Roundtrip)

Sail date: December 05, 2021

Ship: Norwegian Bliss

Cabin type: Suite

Cabin number: 13202

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

So, we have been on this ship before and it didn’t disappoint. The Bliss is big, beautiful, clean and well organized. The staff from waiters, bartenders, stewards and support staff were all amazing. Food, fantastic. The itinerary was not our favourite, but this trip was more a mental health getaway and we enjoyed the ship immensely. My only small complaint was the quality of the wine included in the UBP. Difficult to find a decent wine and they even took the house “East West” line off the package. Naughty, naughty I guess they need to recoup some Covid losses. Overall though, loved the cruise.

Embarkation

Well organized and considering Covid my wife and I thought it was as good as could be expected.

Ship experiences

The food was exceptional in all venues. We ate in Cagney’s and Le Bistro and both were great. Lunch and dinner in Savor, Taste or the Local and all were fantastic. Never felt the need for the buffet because of the quality of food in the other restaurants. The diversity was amazing. Cuban chicken, pasta, burgers, soups, steak or Fish and great desserts. My only suggestion. Cut down the portion size, they were huge!

The Jersey Boys show. Wow. Incredibly talented performers. I was dragged into Six by my wife but I was impressed as well, really entertaining. The Beatles Experience was good not great. The performers were German I’m guessing and it appeared to me that they had memorized the songs rather than knowing what they were actually singing. Nevertheless, I still liked it.

One word. Incredible.

Loved the Observation Lounge. The entire ship was cleaned constantly. I personally prefer the design on RCL ships, with a more central “Main Street” where all venues are closer but we did get used to the ship’s layout.

First impression? Tiny. A suite, hmmm. Probably the smallest room we have had on a ship. The bathroom was nice and big with a double sink and a large shower. The room itself was tight. Only room for one person to walk between the end of the bed and the wall. Serviceable though and we got used to it. Would we pay a premium again for one? Nope. And, you also are charged higher gratuity rates for a “suite”.

Ship tip

Don’t take the ship shuttle! We waited 2 hours at LAX for the shuttle to arrive. Yikes. Needless to say we called Lyft for the return trip…simple.

Ports of call

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

Walking tour with a ship excursion. Terrible. Boring, the guide spoke poor English and could not hear a word she said. Bought a t-shirt and back on the ship.

Mazatlan, Mexico

Another walking tour but much better run. Fun and educational with a much better guide.

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

Should have gone to a beach I think. Stayed around the port and ran the gauntlet of vendors. Do an excursion or stay on the ship is my advice.

Disembarkation

Carried our own luggage off the ship and it was probably the easiest disembarkation we ever had.

Traveler Photos