Bliss is the only way to experience Alaska!!!

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Norwegian Bliss

7 Night Alaska Highlights (Seattle Roundtrip)

Sail Date: June 30, 2018

Ship: Norwegian Bliss

Review Summary

I fell in love with Norwegian Cruise Lines when I went on the Breakaway a few years ago. When they announced the Bliss was going to Alaska it took all but 5 minutes for me to decide that I was going to experience Bliss. There are no words that could experience how wonderful my experience was on the Bliss. The best part was the observation lounge. (I wish it was the entire 15th floor). If you didn't get there early it was hard to find a seat. My family and I (32 of us) took turns occupying a section so we always had a place. Embarkation and Debarkation ran smoothly. We didn't encounter any issues. You will need your passport and eDOCs so don't leave home without it. The staff on the Bliss was excellent. My stateroom steward Clifford was accommodating and took the time to learn my name!! If you get him you are sure to have a good cabin experience. I love the "Free at Sea" promotion. It gives me the opportunity to try things that I would otherwise not be able to afford. I got the specialty dining package and the unlimited drink package. I believe that Bliss has 16 bars and lounges. I never went without a drink!!! They didn't mind making the drinks stronger if I requested it. They aimed to please. I love Cagney's Steakhouse. I hate that they got rid of the Tomahawk steak. I was looking forward to eating it. The porterhouse steak was a good substitute. It was cooked to order and tender. Don't judge me, but I flaked out on the shows. My family says they were decent though. Unfortunately, none of them said they were must sees. My BIGGEST issue issue is that the shows, race track, and laser tag reservations sold out on the first day. You could try to go on a waitlist, but its not guaranteed that you will get to experience them. So book AS SOON AS YOU GET ON THE SHIP. I think that they should do the entertainment like Six Flags does. Get in line and wait your turn. It would keep people from being frustrated. Shore Excursions: Put money aside to go on the White Pass Railway in Skagway. It's amazing. I did the $244 tour that included a scenic drive into Yukon. It was well worth the extra money to experience that beauty. I went whale watching in Juneau and YES I saw whales. All the ports had great shore excursions. I recommend that you purchase from Norwegian. We purchased shore excursions in Ketchikan and Victoria when we got off the ship and the experience was not the same as the NCL sanctioned tours. This was my second time cruising to Alaska. I went on Princess in September the first time and had a horrible time. It rained 90% of the time. The best time to experience Alaska is in the first week of July and of course on the BLISS!!!

Embarkation

Ship Experiences

The Bliss had the best food I've ever tasted on a ship. I've been on over 20 cruises.

You have to reserve the race track and laser tag on the first day or you may not get a chance to experience it.

Book your shows and activities early. You can reserve some shows through your myNCL account. The others make sure you reserve as soon as you get on the ship. Reservations book up pretty fast.

Ports Of Call

Seattle, Washington

Ketchikan, Alaska

Juneau, Alaska

Don't miss out on the Whale Watching excursions. If you like salmon try the whale watching + salmon bake excursion.

Skagway, Alaska

You must try the White Pass Railway and Yukon Experience. It was well worth the 8 hour journey. The views are impeccable.

Victoria, British Columbia

Try the Hop on Hop off bus near the Parliament Building. They give a 90 minute tour of Victoria for $35

Disembarkation

Traveler Photos

White Pass Railway Bear on the Yukon Trail Whale Watching Whale Watching View from the Observation Deck