Noordam Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

11 Blissful days

Sail Date: March 10, 2007

I loved leaving directly from NYC without the hassles of flying. I have sailed on Holland America before and I must say, they really do think of everything. For example, free hot chocolate inside the terminal to warm you while waiting for the check in. And, when the bon voyage departure began, it was chilly topside...but if you looked around , there was even an abundance of loaner blankets for you to wrap around yourself as we waved ggodbye to NY harbor.
The cabins are larger on Holland America and noise less. No bothersome announcements every 10 minutes to disturb you. In fact, the only announcements were for the emrgency boat drill which everyone must attend. The food is best enjoyed formally in their beautiful dining room, but if you are not into formalities, then eat by the pool or serve yourself cafetaria style from the Lido deck. Always sandwiches, custom made, pizza and pasta , Asian selelctuions and regular menu. They even have staff on hand to help you to your table by carrying your trays for you. Ice cream and desserts always there to tempt you and freshly squeezed orange juice and bagels "n" lox w/ a shmear for breakfast. The dinners were always well prepared just as in a very fine resturant. I loved the trivia contests and the jewelry making classes. When visiting Tortola, I decided to swim w/the dolphns and this was a first class ex perieince. While on Puerto Rico I went to see the Rain Forest ....the only one on US soil. When I returned each night, I was delighted to see a different towel animal on my bed. The ship's crew is absolutely the best. Each person gives you eye contact, is extremely corteous and willing to please you. One an 11 day, they chose the ports wisely...if you like adventure, choose like I did....THe Noordam, 11 day round trip from NYC, destination southern carribean!!

Pros: Food demos/famous chefs/wonderful crew

Cons: Evening shows were nopt always great

Recommends Noordam? Yes!

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Tortola, British Virgin Islands

Don't Miss: dolphin swim is a must
San Juan, Puerto Rico

Don't Miss: rain forest-El Yunque.
Bridgetown, Barbados
San Juan, Puerto Rico

Don't Miss: rain forest-El Yunque.
Tortola, British Virgin Islands

Don't Miss: dolphin swim is a must
Roseau, Dominica
spent time in the cyber cafe.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Bridgetown, Barbados
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Roseau, Dominica
spent time in the cyber cafe.