Noordam Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Excellent Cruise

Sail Date: October 14, 2006

Room Type: Suite

IWe enjoyed the ship as soon as we boarded. Noticing our spacious room and deck and the food offered at the buffet---lots of variety and lots of stations--from pasta pizza to Asian food to extensive salad bar and the buffet that offered something for everyone. They also had the usual hotdog and hamburg and FFries. Ice cream and yogurt almost around the clock and desserts galore---yum.
Since my partner is a marathoner there was plenty of opportunity for all the exercise that he needed plus classes offered. The ship is just the right size in that it was not difficult to find our way around. I cannot say enough about the Indonesian and Philipino crew who are always most attentive. That has been my experience in the past and the tradition continues. Going out of NYC. is always exciting as there is so much to see before we leave the big apple. The ports of call offered something for everyone. Our most exciting excursions was one in Tortola BVI. where we swam with the sea turtles. And when I say we swam I mean it. They brushed against our bodies and we were able to gently pat their backs. AWESOME. The other memorable excursion was in Dominica where we went tubing down a river. You don't have to be in shape or svelte to do this. There were all kinds of people and varying age range and EVERYONE just loved it. Overall I can't say enough good about this exciting voyage of 11 days. I have been on Holland America numerous times and they are always and have been consistent in what I expect from a cruise--it exceeds my expectations.
Christine Brooks

Pros: I loved the itinerary out ot NYC. , the ship, the service, food--I cannot pick only one single thing

Cons: I honestly can't think of anything in particular.

The room--a suite was sweet. The balconey was larger than I expected. There was a table chairs and extra chairs and hassocks to enjoy the wonderful changing colors of the ocean. Condition was always excellent of the stateroom and the location was just fine. We always received amenities whenever requested for more . We were very comfortable in the room.
Smiles, friendliness , I believe, is the key on Holland Amer. ships. They know after the first day what your favorite cocktail is and in the d.r. they know what kind of coffee etc. you want. Also my companion happens to like choc. cake and they had it every night for him. I say WOW.
I think the dancers and the band aboard was superb. Very talented people as well as the singers. Very professional and very polished. Yes, variety was great as we looked forward to something new every night.
As always the Indonesian and Philipino crews were wonderful. Service in the room as well in the dining rooms and buffet were superb.
The food in the d.r. was excellent. The wait staff was most attentive as my previous cruises aboard Holland Amer. Line. The maitre d always made his rounds and helped the wait staff every day. He always made sure we were happy.
Bridgetown, Barbados
The beach was wonderful as well as the shops.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
We loved the snorkeling and the shops.
Don't Miss: snorkeling
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
We loved the snorkeling and the shops.
Don't Miss: snorkeling
Roseau, Dominica
Tubing down the river was an awesome experience. I had never done that and it is suitable for most people. Everybody that went loved it.
Don't Miss: Tubing
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
The beach is wonderful as it has wonderful waves that are fun to swim with. The water is crystal clear.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
I think for us to dock for such a short time is kind of a waste of time. I would've preferred to stay longer or miss the port entirely.
Don't Miss: Just would've liked to stay longer to explore more or take advantage of the excursions.
Tortola, British Virgin Islands
Swimming with the turtles was absolutely awesome---and the best part was they were not in captivity. My partner and I loved this one as we could actually pat them. I will never forget this.
Don't Miss: just what I described.
Tortola, British Virgin Islands
Don't Miss: just what I described.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Roseau, Dominica
Don't Miss: Tubing
Bridgetown, Barbados
The beach was wonderful as well as the shops.