A Horrible Cruise Experience

Nieuw Amsterdam Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

7 Night Tropical Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 31, 2016

Things started out wrong with Cheap Cruises promising us incentives of a cash credit on board which we were never given followed by a misrepresentation of the cruise itself which we later found out was a "Senior Cruise". The average passenger age must have been in the 80s....which already tells a lot. I was looking forward to healthy eating but the 2nd day into the cruise after eating a "healthy salad" I got the runs and despite the control over that in 2 days, the infection kept my stomach unable to eat anything other than toast & tea, jello, etc.

My wife, who was not infected, did try out their mostly meat based menus but was not impressed by any of their quality, taste, or variety. The menu of foods & variety available are not suited to healthy foods or vegetarians.

I do give credit to the primarily Indonesian serving staff. They were friendly, courteous and very pleasant.

The entertainment was good.

The ports where we stopped, and shopping areas there seem to be controlled by the cruise lines with no local flavor and high prices meant for a monopolized clientele.

Overall, it was the worst vacation of my life. Holland Cruise....never again!!!!!

OK

Unlike previous cruises, there was no captain's party/cocktail hour OR a complimentary bottle of wine. On this ship not even a bottle of water was complimentary.