Nieuw Amsterdam Cruise Review to Caribbean

Third Mate

Nieuw Amsterdam 2013

Sail Date: February 17, 2013

Room Type: Suite

Two friends and I cruised on a back-to-back Collector's Voyage aboard the MS Nieuw Amsterdam Feb 2013. All in all, it was a wonderful ship. They told us the dining room menus would be different for each week - that was not the case, same food just different day. The ship was very clean in all areas and the crew took VERY good care of public rest rooms unlike other cruise lines I've been on. I will keep cruising HAL as they are the best cruise line for older people that I've found.

Smoking section in the Casino has dwindled to the back row of slot machines but, wait for it.... you can only smoke there IF you have money in one of those slot machines. Really? As a recent non-smoker, I understand making a part of the casino smoking vs nonsmoking, but forcing you to play in order to smoke goes just a little bit too far.

We are to get $300 back on the cruise from but it is such a long and ridiculous process to get it. If we get money back considering what we PAID for the cruise, why do they need the listing of what we spent on the cruise? That should have nothing to do with it!
on back to back cruises, change the menu the 2nd week!
Some better than others re: friendliness.
Children's Programs did not use these

When Jimmy Maddox is playing in the piano bar, go there instead of the shows in the Showroom!