Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Pre-Christmas Cruise

Sail Date: December 16, 2006

Room Type: Suite

Beautiful ship. Very well maintained. This cruise took place the week before Christmas, and there were 800 children (under age 18) on the ship. Their normal speed of movement is to run. After the second day, they said "Excuse Me" as they ran by you or into you. Truthfully, I got used to it. Didn't think I could.

Pros: variety of activities - something for everybody

Cons: sheer number of children - 800. Food.

Recommends Navigator of the Seas? Yes!

I ate everything put in front of me, but it really wasn't best quality. Sea air makes me hungry. My daughter was served dried-out fish in the dining room. I was bummed at the number of times I saw something on the Windjammer buffet that was re-cycled from the day before but with a new sauce. Loved the food from Jade. Second seating was calm and peaceful. Little guy must have eaten earlier, or separately. Service was off-putting. The overly-friendly thing doesn't really work for me. We ate in the formal dining room 3 nights out of 7. Specialty restaurants were lovely. Windjammer was an exercise in patience. Very very crowded, kids running.
Outstanding service is so often a question of attitude. One morning, everyone on the staff seemed down down down.
Interior, exterior of ship are gorgeous.
We had a junior suite. It was just right for the 3 of us. Sleeping on the pulled-out couch was o.k.
Something for everyone. No excuse for boredom any time, night or day.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
We didn't book a tour, thought we would walk around and see the sights that way. Old San Juan has the feel of European cities - narrow, cramped streets, impassable sidewalks. We ate at the Parrot Club (?name? parrot something) based on a shop owner's recommendation. Terrific food. Weak mojitos.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
I got tired of the available shopping really really fast. We did a sail/snorkel tour which we all loved. Only 6 passengers on the sailboat. We ended up in a cove with many other boats, including the catamaran party boats. It was our first snorkeling experience and we're hooked.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
We did the Tree Tops tour at Loterie Farm. Great great time, it was nice to get on a bus and get out of the shopping zone. I'm a middle-aged woman who does occasional aerobics classes, and I hurt after the ropes course. But it was beautiful out there and we loved it.
At this point, we'd spent too much time in the shopping zone. Do anything other than shop in these ports. Shop on the ship.