Facts to Know Before You Board

Nautica Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

10 Night Portraits Of The Past (Rome To Barcelona)
Sail Date: May 10, 2016

The food on this ship was the best we've had on a cruise.  Make sure if you are given free on shore excursions for your cruise that you book them BEFORE you board. We found out from people on board, that if you didn't book the free tours before, you lost out. When we asked the destinations desk, we were told that it's a different company that books those and they can't do it on board. Also make sure you book your specialty restaurants before you board. We were told you could only book one night at each restaurant before but could make as many extra reservations as soon as you boarded. We sat the first day for lunch with a couple who were given a hard time with the man who booked the reservations. We had trouble ourselves but we told him we were advised on the phone prior to boarding that we could make additional reservations as soon as we boarded. He then gave in and gave us 2 more reservations. For a high end cruise we expected a well appointed room. The bathroom was a disappointment with a shower curtain instead of a glass door. We had an ocean view room with no balcony. The entertainment was also a disappointment. On Costa cruise line Mediterranean  cruises, they bring entertainment on board from each port: an opera singer from Italy; a flamenco dancer from Spain etc. On Nautica most  of the shows were 2 guys and 2 girls singing and dancing. I'm glad I tried Oceania once. However, I could have gone on several cruises for the money I paid for this one. I didn't feel met my expectations for what I paid.

not applicable

itinerary changed due to waether
itinerary changed due to weather