MSC Splendida Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Excellent Cruise! Worth the price!

Sail Date: June 25, 2010

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Overall the ship was great!! It's a beautiful ship and I can't say enough about it. This was our first cruise for my wife myself and our 11 year old. All the ports were excellent! Wish we had more time in each port. The food, entertainment,staff ,ports,condition of ship were excellent! I highly recommend this cruise.

Pros: Everything was excellent

Recommends MSC Splendida? Yes!

Everything was very clean and new looking.
Breakfast & lunch buffets were great. Formal sit down dinner needs a little more flavor (spice) in the food. Can order everything on the menu if you want. We also ordered items not on the menu with no problem.
We had a balcony room (12029) great location. Go for the balcony room, you get to see the ports as your coming into them in the morning. Breakfast is nice on the balcony too.
All the staff was very accommodating and very pleasant.
You have to see the theater shows. They were excellent!! Can't say enough!
Messina, Sicily
So much to see and do. Beautiful city! Wish we had more time in each port to see everything.
Barcelona, Spain
Beautiful place. Don't take the MSC excusion bus. Cost me $35 euros to go less than a 1/2 mile. Could of walked from the ship to the city. Use a taxi if you need to ride, cheaper.
Valletta, Malta
I Love this island! Beautiful shore lines. Took tour bus (2 hours around the island) we got on/off at a few stops. Tour bus will take you to the beach also. After the beach stop there is a small town with lots of nice shopping & restaurants along the shore. Worth it!
Genoa, Italy
Beautiful! Best way to see all the ports was by tour bus from the tourist building in each city.
La Goulette (Tunis & Carthage), Tunisia
Great port! Had the Romans marching and camel rides as you got off the boat. We got a taxi at the welcome center for 3 hours it was $60 euros flat rate plus tip. Don't waist your time in the city, see the country instead, beautiful views.
Marseille (Provence), France
Beautiful ocean shore line. Much to see!