MSC Divina Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Customer service a nightmare!

Sail Date: March 26, 2016

My family chose MSC for the first time. Having cruised many times with other cruise providers we decided to do something different. We had 2 cabins booked as my son and his family were with us. First let me say that the entertainment was the absolute best from any other cruise ever! What a talented group of singers and dancers!!! We have probably done at least 15 cruises and you by far have the best talent. Also, housekeeping was awesome. She kept our cabin spotless and bed was always made even if we took an afternoon nap.

Now to the food and the service in the dining room. We enjoy dressing at night and going to a formal dinner. Nothing about this experience was enjoyable. The food was not good. Our waiter spoke very little English so we had to point at everything on the menu. If we dared to even ask for a cup of coffee we never got it. He was extremely nice (Rafelle) but just could not understand us. I don't know his name but the young man that served the bread and beverage understood us and was also very pleasant. After the bad experience night after night in the dining room we decided to try the steak house. On other ships it was always a nice dining experience. We were seated and others were waited on before us. It took 2 full hours to dine. For such a beautiful ship the dining room for the steak house was a huge disappointment. Vinyl chairs is not expected in a steak house. When our food arrived the rib eyes were very thin and tasteless. By the time we had gotten our food other diners that came in after us were already leaving. Another thing that I noticed is the number of hand sanitizers available. On other ships they are everywhere and upon entering the dining area there are staff standing there to tell everyone to use the sanitizer. I feel like staying safe from germs is a necessity on a cruise ship. My husband and I both left the ship with a cold and now home from work today sick. Overall this was not a good experience. I give you one star simply because the entertainment was totally awesome.