MSC Divina Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Second Mate

Already Planning My Next Trip on MSC Divina

Sail Date: March 12, 2016

This was our first time on MSC and before we were done I had decided that I want to take my parents and friends with us next time.  We arrived at the port between 2:45-3:00 and it took less than 10 minutes to be processed and on board.  Our room was ready and we didn't have any issues getting service from the waiters or bartenders.  We ate every night in the Black Crab and loved our wait staff.  The food was good and the tiramisu is NOT to be missed, it was incredible.  We thought the entertainment team was very talented, but after 3 nights of Italian opera, a change was needed.  We didn't go back until the last night for the Michael Jackson show.  More comedians would be good, we really liked "Beerprov", but I can see that it wouldn't translate well into other languages.  A better system needs to be implemented when it comes to the pool deck chairs, people place their towels on the chairs and leave them all day, finding an empty spot is almost impossible.  I was disappointed that they removed the craps tables in the casino and other lines have snacks after midnight for late night gamblers.  We enjoyed this cruise very much, but the 7:00 am room departure on the last day is a bit rough.  Would definitely go again.

Smaller closet space than other cruise lines, suitcases fit nicely under bed, room steward kept things tidy.
Limited activities and they are scheduled at the same time, needs more options.
Miami, Florida
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Take plenty of cash! $8/pp each way for shuttle to Magens Bay beach and $5/pp entry fee. So $84 for four people to spend a few hours at the beach.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Old San Juan Food & Walking Tour by Spoons Food Tour is the best!
Junkanoo Beach is a 10 minute walk and free. Take your towels to sit on if you don't rent a chair.

Anthony in the casino bar is great! The professional photos are too expensive, not enough packages available to get the prices down.