so glad i did this

MSC Divina Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: November 21, 2015
Ship: MSC Divina

this was my first cruise. I was very skeptical, especially with MSC since I had never heard of them prior to this cruise. I am now thinking I made a good and bad decision at the same time. everything about the cruise was awesome. the food was AMAZING, there were many things to do on the ship for both adults and kids. The shows every night during the cruise came as a nice surprise. The Michael Jackson show was AMAZING, and being a huge fan of his, I found it kind of emotional. The performance was THAT GOOD. Another big thing I noticed: the ship was soooooo clean. there was NEVER a sign of trash ANYWHERE. I have never been somewhere that seemed to pride itself soo much on cleanliness. I've been in hospitals that didn't put this much effort into keeping things looking this good. So how, after all these great things that I have just mentioned, could I feel I made a bad choice? simple, this was my first cruise now I feel like nothing else will live up to my expectations. From what others have told me the other "big name" cruise lines leave a lot on the table and now that the cruise bug has bitten me I am sure I will go on another cruise, but now I am worried nohing will live up to my MSC experience

the staff was GREAT. my biggest complaint was the language barrier. Being an Italian based company, the staff was EXTREMELY diverse culturally. And while that it a great experience, it also creates some awkward situations when you can not understand what someone is telling you.

i have never in my life been somewhere that focused soo much on keeping things clean and looking good. WELL DONE MSC.

I had 2 complaints about my cabin
1: being an Italian based cruise line, the electric outlets were European style. there were only 2 American style plugs to be found in the whole room. traveling with a cell phones, tablets and a Cpap machine all needing to be charged/operate, 2 outlets was no where near enough.
2: the shower was very small which was ok, but the shower doors would not stay closed while in the shower. There needed to be some sort of latch to hold the doors closed while taking a shower. On one particular night with somewhat rough seas, I ended up with a completely soaked bathroom floor because I had to hold the doors closed with my hand while showering.

whatever you do, DO NOT MISS THE MICHAEL JACKSON PERFORMANCE!!!!!! Even if you don't see any of the other shows during the cruise,