Fun cruise

Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Mariner of the Seas

4 Night Bahamas & Perfect Day (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail date: December 09, 2019

Ship: Mariner of the Seas

Cabin type: Suite

Cabin number: 1240

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

The Unlimited Specialty Dining Package is a waste of money. Too many children on the cruise. Had too many mediocre cruises with Royal Caribbean to cruise with them again.

Embarkation

Very good. Quick. Friends dropped us off and we were on the ship within fifteen minutes

Ship experiences

The specialty restaurants are not worth the money. We had the Specialty Dining All You Can Eat Package and we had trouble finding any value in it. The food in Chops was tasteless, and even I make better lasagna than Jamie’s. We tried to do the Bottomless Galley Brunch, but they canceled it without telling us and then changed it to something different on a different day. The food at the Windjammer and Main Dining was great. Not as much variety as in previous cruises. But delicious and fresh.

We enjoyed the spa. My husband and I got the best pedicures and then massages. Very nice. A little pushy trying to sell you their lotions, but backed off when I resisted.

The comedian put us off going to any other of the ship’s stage productions. He was that awful.

We didn’t participate because we don’t have children.

Room steward, Jobert, was excellent. The staff in the specialty restaurants were nice and attentive. Staff in the main dining were rushed off their feet and I don’t think we got the best service, although we only ate there for one breakfast, one lunch, and one dinner.

Good layout. Nice design for a smaller ship. I like that they had the Promenade. Starbucks should have been on the Promenade, instead of outside the Casino. The common areas were well kept up.

Even though it was just a Junior Suite, it was just the right size. Closet was big and there was lots of storage around the cabin.

Ship tip

Don’t bring your CPAP machine because there are no plugs by the bed.

Ports of call

Perfect Day At Coco Cay, Bahamas Did not visit port

Stayed on the ship. Nothing looked enticing enough to lure us off the ship.

Nassau, Bahamas Did not visit port

Stayed on the ship.

Disembarkation

It was quick and easy. Porter got our bags and got us right to the taxi very quickly.