Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

We always have a great time!!

Sail Date: April 15, 2007

We first started off with a 3 hour delay in the parking lot because of a security threat. A bag had been left unattended and the bob squad was called in. It turned out to be a beach bag full of toys left in the terminal, but I was glad the extra security was taken seriously for our safety. Then we missed our first port of call, Coco Cay, because of rough seas and they couldn't tender us safely. But then we had a great day at sea instead. The ship was a beautiful ship with a street right down the middle. Little pubs, shopping areas, places to relax, coffee, tea, ice cream, tattoos...you name it. It was a fun place to be. I was disappointed I could not stay awake long enough to enjoy the parades at night along this avenue. The ice skating rink was a blast. Where else can you go and wear a bathing suit and ice skate? The Ice Skating show was fabulous. Best show on the ship. The entertainment in the main showroom was O.K. I enjoyed it but felt it was rather average. We had fun at the art auctions. This is something you don't do everyday. It is fun to learn about the different artist and their works. I do have to say I am running out of walls at home to display my works. The pools were always crowded. This is the only place I really saw kids. We went into the solarium. The pool was rather crowded with just room to stand and cool down but at least it was all adults. One thing,we felt the drinks were VERY expensive. Although this is true on every cruise ship. We had a great time and our only complaint is that is was not long enough. We would recommend this cruise to everyone. I do have to say, you make your own fun on a cruise. If you go with an attitude, you will find something to gripe about. Chill out...your'e on VACATION!!!

Pros: On this cruise the ship was our destination. It was beautiful!!

Cons: The food in the dining room was rather boring but I still managed to gain weight!

Recommends Mariner of the Seas? Yes!

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
We always have to go into town and do some shopping. We then love to take in a snorkeling trip for the beautiful clear waters.
Don't Miss: You must be on deck coming into port. I feel this is one of the most beautiful places in the world.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
We were disappointed we did not get to visit this port. The seas were too rough to tender. We did not let it spoil our day. Had a great day at sea.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
We took a 7 hour tour that encompased most everything, island tour, shopping, catamaran tour of the harbor and snorkeling. We were a little confused as to what we were doing and when we were doing it. The tour guide was not very clear. On our "ferry" to our Pinel Island, it was a little scary. Crammed a lot of people on to a very small boat. Fortunately it was a only a short 5 minute ride.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas