A wonderful vacation!

Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 15, 2007
Ship: Mariner of the Seas
Overall, I'd have to say this is the best of the four cruises I've been on! Despite some difficulties going through check-in and bad weather the day we departed (all of which were beyond RCL's control), the rest of the week was great! We didn't get to stop at Cococay due to rough seas, but the other stops were beautiful and worth going to see. I give extra points to the Cruise Director, Graham - he kept us in stitches all week!
We did the ropes course at Loterie Farm on the French side. The book says it's very strenuous, but not as much as they make it sound. There were a couple people in our group in their 60's that did just as well as the school-aged kids. It takes about two hours to go through the entire course, but the zip lines are so much fun!!
Don't Miss: Loterie Tree Farm ropes course!
This is truly a beautiful place. We did the helmet dive - not the best reef viewing I've seen, but still a very unique underwater experience. The shopping area right off the boat is primarily jewelry, with a few T-shirt shops in between. I'd recommend doing your jewelry shopping here versus in St. Martin because there was more variety. Wish we had more time to explore the port, but a late-morning excursion quickly eats away the time.
Don't Miss: Loterie Tree Farm ropes course!

Pros: Variety of activities, cleanliness of the ship, excellent cruise director & staff

Cons: Windjammer food; otherwise, not much negative to say

Recommends Mariner of the Seas? Yes!