"Magnificent Marriner"

Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 20, 2006
The best part of our cruise was sailing on the Mariner of the Seas ship. It was a smooth sailing luxury ship that had everything that we could want to see and do. I thought that everything on the ship was first class inclulding the room, the entertainment and the food. We enjoyed meeting some new people and we never felt rushed or bored.
I did not like the fact that I had to wear a life vest while snorkeling on Cococay. My son and I felt the prescribed area was too confining. We walked to the other side of the island and had a good time by ourselves.
I took a ride on the tram and just visited the island a little bit. It was a nice place to see. The water was warm and the people were very friendly.
Don't Miss: The sea bobs. My kids still talk about what a fun time that was.
My son and I enjoyed snorkeling on the French side of the island. The taxi cab driver took us and then arranged a time to meet us for the return trip. That does not happen in the big cities, ever.
Don't Miss: My daughter and wife found a lot of great buys in the local shops
I enjoyed shopping and just explored the island a little bit. My daughter and I purchased some really pretty jewelry which was reasonably priced. It was nice that most places took credit cards.
Don't Miss: My daughter and wife found a lot of great buys in the local shops
Shopping is very nice. I paid a taxi cab driver to take me to a beach the locals like to snorkel at. The experience was awsome. Lots of large tropical fish, very colorful and I even saw a good size ray "glide" by.
Don't Miss: Our teen age children, (boy & girl) both loved the "Bob" excursion
Don't Miss: The sea bobs. My kids still talk about what a fun time that was.
Don't Miss: Our teen age children, (boy & girl) both loved the "Bob" excursion

Pros: The fun times that we spent on the ship

Cons: The only problems that we had were with American Airlines, their flight times and lack of options when flying wth them.