Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

"Magnificent Marriner"

Sail Date: August 20, 2006

The best part of our cruise was sailing on the Mariner of the Seas ship. It was a smooth sailing luxury ship that had everything that we could want to see and do. I thought that everything on the ship was first class inclulding the room, the entertainment and the food. We enjoyed meeting some new people and we never felt rushed or bored.

Pros: The fun times that we spent on the ship

Cons: The only problems that we had were with American Airlines, their flight times and lack of options when flying wth them.

Philipsburg, St. Maarten
I enjoyed shopping and just explored the island a little bit. My daughter and I purchased some really pretty jewelry which was reasonably priced. It was nice that most places took credit cards.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
I took a ride on the tram and just visited the island a little bit. It was a nice place to see. The water was warm and the people were very friendly.
Don't Miss: The sea bobs. My kids still talk about what a fun time that was.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
I did not like the fact that I had to wear a life vest while snorkeling on Cococay. My son and I felt the prescribed area was too confining. We walked to the other side of the island and had a good time by ourselves.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
My son and I enjoyed snorkeling on the French side of the island. The taxi cab driver took us and then arranged a time to meet us for the return trip. That does not happen in the big cities, ever.
Don't Miss: My daughter and wife found a lot of great buys in the local shops
Don't Miss: My daughter and wife found a lot of great buys in the local shops
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Don't Miss: The sea bobs. My kids still talk about what a fun time that was.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Shopping is very nice. I paid a taxi cab driver to take me to a beach the locals like to snorkel at. The experience was awsome. Lots of large tropical fish, very colorful and I even saw a good size ray "glide" by.
Don't Miss: Our teen age children, (boy & girl) both loved the "Bob" excursion