Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

mexico and carribbean cruise

Sail Date: November 18, 2007

This is our second cruise with royal carribbean and we loved this boat. Great Shows every night. Dinning rooms where beautiful. Seated with another family with teens around the same age as ours. The one thing that did bother me is we were next door to a smoker who sat on their balcony and smoked which made it very hard for us to use our balcony at all. I do think smokers on one side of the ship and nonsmokers on the other would work out better.

Pros: shows

Cons: buffet same food everyday. Next door to a smoker who sat on the bacony so we could never use ours do to the smoke.

Recommends Mariner of the Seas? Yes!

My girls didn't do a lot with activities they stayed in the arcade alot. My girls wanted to stay together but were in two different age groups by a year. Because they didn't want to split up they did not get to do many activities. I do think they should allow family to stay together regardless of age if the parents agree with the activities.
Very nice ship. clean lots of decorations. On a couple floors it was hard to get from one in to another you would have to go down one floor past a certain point on the boat and then come back up to get were you wanted to go.
Food was very good in the dinning rooms. Wish the buffet has changed theirs up a little. It had the same thing almost everyday.
Rooms where good we had two one for our two teens and one for us. I do wish we had a door connecting them but they were very nice rooms.
Overall staff was good. I did have a problem with the sound on our tv. reported it three times and it was never fixed. but other than that everyone was very friendly.
Shows and activities were the best I don't even know if they could get any better.
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
Just went for a short lunch and a dip in the ocean. Locals attack you almost wanting you to buy from them.
Went on buggy tour and snorgled snorgling was not very good. Dun Buggy tour was good.
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Dunns Falls was great. Zip line was great.
Don't Miss: climb the 600 foot waterfall or zip line over forest.
George Town, Grand Cayman
Did do to much went over to a few shops by port it was very hot that day.