Family adventure

Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 23, 2007
Ship: Mariner of the Seas
This was our second trip on Mariner of the Seas within the year. Royal has done a good job at keep the condition of the ship.

The Wind Jammer buffet was good. My favorite was the formal dinning for the elegant ambiance and the wonderful food. We enjoyed are waiter and assistant waiter, who did their best to make us feel like royalty.

I was happy to see that they had new production shows and entertainers on the ship. Since it was less then 11 months since I last sailed on the ship. For an Adult activity, on the ship. You must participate in the Quest.

Our two boys (age 10 & 12) spent as much time as they could at the Ocean Adventure. They enjoyed the activities and enjoyed the staff. I always felt safe with my boys in the day care.

All the staff were friendly and worked hard to make sure that we were satisfied.

We felt the ship layout and size was just right. The ship was spacious and we never felt cramp, even though the shipped was booked at 95% capacity.

We shared an interior room and it was okay, since we spent very little time in the room. Condition of the room was good. The state room attendant always made sure we had clean towels.
Ocho Rios was okay at best. The street were small and the people were aggressive.
I didn't like Grand Cayman. I felt like I was in the states. Not much variety for shopping options.
Cozumel was okay as well. Most of the beaches you had to pay to get on. There were only a couple of beaches that allowed you on without a fee. Eastern Caribbean island are nicer and shopping was more fun.
Labadee was okay. I really enjoyed cocay island on the Eastern Caribbean.

Pros: The formal Dinning, family photos, & Ocean Adventure

Cons: Nothing

Recommends Mariner of the Seas? Yes!