Not up to Royal Caribbean standards

Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Majesty of the Seas

7 Night Perfect Day Bahamas (New Orleans Roundtrip)

Sail date: February 08, 2020

Ship: Majesty of the Seas

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

If you get a really good deal go for it, after all a cruise is a cruise. But just be aware it is a very old ship that needs upgrading. The cruise director is great one of the best I have seen in over 50 cruises. Speaks and smiles all the time and very entertaining. Food good. But the staff really makes the cruise, everyone was nice and helpful.

Embarkation

Terrible, ship delay so everyone told to just come, over a 2 hour wait for wheelchair assistance. We decided to hobble on cast and walker.

Ship experiences

Food overall was good and service was great. No steakhouse.

Stage shows were excellent, the loudest piano bar I have ever been to, had to leave and I like rock.

No children sailing

The service was excellent

Ship very old and not well maintained. The common areas were clean the staff did the best they could with what they had to work with. Chairs broke in buffet when I told someone they said "yes everything is broke on this ship"

Interior, smallest cabin I have ever been in. Not much storage, no nightstands I used the case that the water came in that I preordered. Holes in shower curtain, paint chipping off. Steward kept it clean.

Ship tip

I went on a free cruise through the casino, would not want to pay for this cruise.

Ports of call

New Orleans, Louisiana

Key West, Florida

Baha Mar Casino and Resort very nice

Perfect Day At Coco Cay, Bahamas

Bought the Beach Club package, very nice except too many flies in the restaurant. They should glass enclose it. Food excellent steak and lobster.

Disembarkation

Again 2 hour wait for wheelchair assistance which we had to use getting off.