Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

2016 Family Cruise

Sail Date: May 22, 2016

This was my first time cruising so I don't really have anything else to compare it to, but I enjoyed the whole experience and will definitely be going on another Royal Caribbean Cruise in the near future. The shows were great, they keep you entertained day and night with so many things to do. The rooms were immaculate with plenty of space and very comfortable. The food was very good and you were never left without.

Our cabin was perfect. I was worried there wouldn't be very much room, but it was really spacious and comfortable. Our room attendant (Roy) was a huge part in us enjoying our cabin. He was on top of the cleaning non-stop.
The ship was very clean and newly updated, for as many people that were on the boat it never felt crowded.
Probably wouldn't take another cruise that stopped in Costa Maya, not really much to do there.
There were so many activities it was hard to do them all, but we enjoyed everything we did. The slides, flow rider, pools, etc. We had so much fun.
We didn't really utilize this option very much so I'm not sure what to rate it. My niece went to the camp for 10 year old's one night for about an hour.
We had so much fun going to all of the different shows the boat had to offer. We were always very entertained.
The service and staff were great. We had Roy as our room attendant and he did an outstanding job. Always there to help us with our every needs. Very helpful and kind. Our dining staff was just as great, we had Alexander and Shushant and they were very attentive.
The Windjammer buffet could use a little upgrade with a bit better quality of food and I highly recommend adding a snack bar by the pool with quick options like nachos, quesadillas, sandwiches, etc.
Galveston, Texas
Galveston was okay, the port wasn't very nice in my opinion and it was a bit chaotic.
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
I enjoyed Roatan and our excursion snorkeling was pretty good.
Costa Maya (Mahahual), Mexico
Costa Maya was a bit disappointing. There is pretty much nothing to do there. It was interesting to just drive around the town and explore, but it doesn't take very long.