Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great vacation but some issues

Sail Date: December 06, 2015

Room Type: Suite

The ship was nice but was going to be dry docked for refurbishing so it will look even better soon. Roatan was disappointing because it was so under developed and not a lot to do if you aren't into water sports. Had to take a tender into Belize due to shallow water. The shops around the port were nice but I wouldn't venture too far off the path due to dangerous areas. Did the Baymen City Tour which was too corny. Save your money. Cozumel was great. Did the Mexican cuisine and tasting which was fabulous!! Highly recommend this excursion. The service on the ship was great! We upgraded to a junior suite which was very nice. Once we got back to Galveston, the weather was horrible with over 40 mile an hour winds and they were having difficulty securing the gangplank to the boat. We were delayed over an hour trying to get off the ship. Only one announcement was made about a delay. Finally we saw people leaving and we followed the crowd. We were scheduled to be first off the ship but there were people who were scheduled to leave well after us leaving before us. The disembarking process was a free for all and extremely disorganized. We took a shuttle organized by RC and we had to wait in the pouring rain for the bus. I don't think I would ever leave out of Galveston again. I

I would arrive a day early just in case there are issues with flights. The port is 45 miles away from Houston Hobby airport and even further from Bush International airport.