Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Canada, New England, New York

20th Anniversary- rm2598

Sail Date: October 08, 2015

We decided to take this cruise for our 20th wedding anniversary.  My husband is not a big fan of cruising (the last one we took was 17 years ago) but he went along with the plan.  The ship itself is nice but I was hoping for something a little more elegant.  Our room was fantastic, we opted for one with a window and was not disappointed with it (my husband was sure we were going to get one with a tiny porthole), it was a huge round window that I looked out of all the time when we were in the room.  The food was fantastic, we ordered room service a few times (the breakfast was a little sparse) but if you go to any of the restaurants you will not be disappointed because the food was fantastic  and (although I haven't checked yet) I am sure I gained at least 5 or more pounds.  We had the full drink package ( it was a little pricey, but well worth it), it covered everything you could ever want to drink, and trust me we did a lot of that (hey we were on vacation, lol).  The ports of call were nice and we opted to do a lot of it on our own, but I do recommend taking the walking tour at Bar Harbor, the guides were well informed and we will be taking a trip there to explore the area even more.  I wish we would have had more time in Nova Scotia, but once again it was just enough for us to explore to make us want to take a trip there.  The people on the ship were great, from the room service people to the people shining the handrails.  We never had any problems at all, and if I can get him to take another cruise, it will be on Royal Caribbean.  The only thing that I wan't pleased with was the fact that I told them ahead of time that it was our anniversary and wanted to celebrated it on the 2nd day, and although I was expecting something special, it never happened.  Granted they can't do a lot for everybody celebrating something, but a bottle of wine, or a card in our room would have been nice.  Other than that, I would sail again!!