Poor Food arrangements for Vegetarians and Vegans - avoid the Royal Caribbean Cruiseline if you could

Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

5 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 06, 2015
Ship: Liberty of the Seas
Cabin Type: Suite

We didn't have any issues boarding as few mentioned earlier.  We also don't compare prices paid by us vs others so no issues there as well.  But the treatment at the windjammer by the Chef is horrible.  No nice vegetarian items other than Salads, Pizza, breads, pastries and drinks like water, lemonade and ice tea.  Blah.

I am not sure how come a vegetarian family survive on Sea for 5 nights and 6 days with limited options like this while others who are enjoying the lamb curry, chicken etc and complaining they are putting on more weight.  If you are looking to loose weight and you are a vegetarian or a vegan yes, this is the cruise you should take.  All of us in the family reduced over 3-4 lbs in this cruise.

Chef was brought to us by the Assistant Waiter at Windjammer restaurant, Chef said, I am keeping lentil dal everyday, start to eat bread, or Lamb curry or chicken, if you cannot as you are a vegetarian start to enjoy what you get.

I am a Crown Anchor Member and this is how we were treated.

Shore excursions were okay, bit cheaper than others like Disney etc so no complaints there either.  Food provided at Labadee, Haiti was again horrible, with just salad for the vegetarian folks.  We had photo package purchased before boarding the cruise still charged the full cost for the photo package, fortunately I realized that before de-boarding the cruise and got it fixed otherwise it would have been 300$ addition to our bill.

Stateroom assistant was Awesome.  Made the room cleaned after 3 great women in my family making the most mess they could and everytime when we come back to our room to sleep it looked as new as it was when we boarded the ship.  Minino Mendonca was awesome in doing that.

Rembrandt dining was okay, did it only one day.  Windjammer assistant waiter told me to talk to Rembrandt folks for getting more vegetarian items or atleast rotis every day at windjammer, when we told our waiter at Rembrandt she was puzzled and said she has no control over what is served at Windjammer.  I then realized it is nothing but a circular show by the dining groups.

Entertainment show at the Platinum Theatre and the Studio B (Ice Skate Ring) were really good.  Dancers did an extraordinary job in the Saturday Night Fever (re-enact of John Travolta's old classic), but some of the obscene actions could have been avoided as we had two kids in our family one is 14 and the other is 8.

3D movie Home was a super dooper hit saved me about 100$ as I was planning to take the family later this week to a local theater.

I wouldn't suggest this cruise line until I see an improvement in their food area for Vegetarians like our family.  Also the chef at windjammer said he cannot make roti or rice available everyday for just 25 Indian folks in the cruise with over 5000 are from other countries.  So, my understanding is if a vegan is just one or two in the entire cruise ship this chef will let them die by starving. What a concept!! Hats off to him and hats off to the Kitchen Incharge!!

We traveled twice on Royal Caribbean so far (one in Dec 2010 and now in Apr 2015), Traveled once in Norwegian (Jul 2012).  Royal Caribbean trip in 2010 and Norwegian trip in 2012 were awesome with great vegetarian varieties.   All my friends and family traveled on Carnival and Disney, will probably try one of them instead of Royal Caribbean especially for the treatment by the Chef at Windjammer.

Useless vegetarian food lineup. Horrible tastes and Horrible chef attitude

Menino Mendonka the stateroom assistant.

Pack you own vegetarian food snacks like cereal bars, candies, cookies to avoid starving.

Not organized as Port Canaveral, but okay.
Port is good.
Port is bit chaotic could have been better