Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

not for anyone with a disability

Sail Date: April 06, 2015

The friend I travelled with has some mobility issues.  She uses a cane to walk most places.  When we got to the terminal there was at least an hour spent waiting to check in.  By the time we got to the window for our boarding cards, my friend needed to sit down for a few minutes to rest her knee.  To board we were required to walk up a ramp that went from Deck 1 to Deck 4.  This was difficult for me but for her was torturous.  I realize now that we probably could have asked for a wheelchair for  her, but by the time one was offered, she had already reached deck four.  This stressed her so much that she was unable to go to dinner.   Later in the cruise she went to the spa for a massage and tripped on the transom as she was leaving, breaking her elbow!  She received good care at the medical office, and we were able to leave with her in a wheelchair.  There was no  one to help with her luggage so my daughter and granddaughter helped with that.  This was not a great cruise for seniors, but we knew that going in, and were there mainly to be with my granddaughter and daughter.  One more negative was the IT situation.  It was like using dial-up service or worse.  The machine I was using to get my boarding passl  wouldn't type and i or a t.  Also, no staff on site to help navigate.  The woman I sat next to said "Honey, you're on your own and God help you."  I bought a days service so that I could alert my family to the fact that we needed accommodations for my friend, and I was barely able to get one e-mail sent.

Our steward, Rohan Cumberbatch, was most helpful and solicitous to my friend.
Children's Programs na