Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

The food was horrible!

Sail Date: November 22, 2014

If you are looking for a cruise with great food, do not take this cruise!  The first night we had a party of six and two were seated at a different table!  Once we got our seating corrected a half hour later....We all ordered the steak, my daughter & mother were served first, the steak looked wonderful...they put mine down in front of me & the steak was gray in color and had an odor.  I tried it, it was spoiled, they brought another one but that too was spoiled.  The only dinner option that was edible on that cruise was the linguine.  As or desserts, do not order the cheesecake.  The  only edible food was found in the Windjammer at the buffet.  And if your looking for any fountain drink during meals, you need to purchase a drink package.  There wasn't any midnight buffet offered like on previously sailed cruises.

The shore excursion in Belize was not all that appealing.  We went snorkeling in the barrier reef and beach excursion.  The water was not very clear, the beach was on a private island that was not wht i expected, I wanted the crystal blue water, with white sands and the facilities were disgusting.  But the food was good but bring exact change, they couldn't give me change when the bill came to $27 I gave them $30 but they couldn't give me the $3 back!

The same thing happened in Cozumel with the taxi driver to a couple we met they only brought enough for the cab ride to Playa Mia and back.  The cost was $15 each way, they gave him a $20 and he didn't have change and the cashiers at Playa would NOT make change for them.  So they were stuck there with only $10, $5 short for the return ride back to the ship.  We let them ride with us since it was $15 each way for each party of 4 and we had 6.

The whole overall experience reminded me of another Cruise line that I will never travel again!  I will never sail the Liberty of the Seas again.  Or go to those ports again unless absolutely necessary

The quality of the food was horrible
The snorkling and private beach in Belize was NOT worth the money, it was dirty and not veery colorful!
Belize City, Belize
DO NOT waste your $ on the Barrier Reef & Beach Excursion..
The shopping center was ripped apart, not all stores were open..Playa Mia was not worth the Deluxe package

Make sure you visit the website to know all the ins & outs. On ship the flow rider IS free, the room service IS free & they have a kids drink package for $5.95 or $7.95 NOT $19.95 like they say on the ship! Read the reviews on the excursions prior, they will save you money so you don't waste $