Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

5 days on the Liberty

Sail Date: March 29, 2014

The Freedom class is a cross between the adventure and Oasis class ships. I have cruised on five other Royal ships and the staff on this ship seemed tired and worn. They were definitely  not as attentive, not rude, but also not very happy to be there. The line was long at the port, but expected as teh Coast Guard entered the ship, so boarding started late. This is a very kid heavy ship becuase of the kids water area, as compared to other cruises that I thought were retiree heavy ie Granduer and Explorer. The pool area carpeting was lifting in places and needed to be replaced. A lot of empty cups and glasses in random spots around the ship. This is all stuff I can deal with. The food was what you would expect from Royal nothing new that we have not had before. Nice itinereries...but to me a five day cruise is just too short. I prefer 10 day or longer cruises. I felt like I just got on the ship. The Saturday night fever show was a highlight and snorkeling in Belize and Cozumel was the other.