Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Very crowded

Sail Date: April 19, 2008

Room Type: Suite

1400 kids running all over the place. 1 a.m. curfew for under 17 seems very late. I was on the elevator (with every button pressed - game of kids) at midnight with a girl around 8 who was by herself. Decks very crowded when at sea. Windjammer VERY crowded for breakfast on port days. I purchased a ring for $200 last Fri. The following Monday stone fell out - husband purchased a $200 watched that stopped on Tuesday. Have not heard back from RC how to exchange either 2 days later.

Pros: When everyone else got off at the ports

Cons: Shows to loud - crowds around pools on sea days

Recommends Liberty of the Seas? No.

Didn't have children with me so not sure about programs. Like always you don't see the good children who were in the programs unfortunately there were many children under the age of 14 who were not attending the programs and running around wild. No child should be w/o supervision and if a child isn't in a program they need to be next to their parent. With deck patrol they should have child patrol and evey child not with an adult should be brought to child facility and parent paged to come get their kids. Frankly my husband loves RC, I would much rather find a cruise line that had the children under better control. I love kids (I am a teacher) but I am very aware of what can happen to a child walking around a ship by him/herself at night with drunken adults.
Considering the number of people ship is very clean although I wouldn't consider it excellent.
Broadway shows would be a good place to take a nap if they weren't so loud and I would score them as not recommended. Comics and other special shows were great.
Food was very good.
Stateroom attendent was excellent. Milton was always available with any questions or concerns.
Pool deck patrol had more patience than I. Because decks so crowded these brave people have the job of removing things left after 1/2 hour from chairs that were being saved. I saw many people in their faces (who hadn't been near their chairs in over an hour) deck patrol people kept smiling and giving apologies w/o backing down.
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Again didn't go this time because last time found it noisy, dirty and sales people very agressive.
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
Didn't go there this time but didn't think it was worth the trip after my last visit.
Again been there done that on last cruise and wasn't impressed. And from talking to other people this year same response.
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
Montego Bay, Jamaica
George Town, Grand Cayman
Swam with stingrays excellent. Did stingrays last year with cruise co. and it was awful didn't even go to the sandbar but was dropped in 10 feet of water with 200 other people and told to look down. Made my own arrangements this year and had the experience of standing in 3 feet of water and actually holding these beautiful creatures. Also boat I was on only had 15 people.
Don't Miss: Stingray City