Great Cruise, But Could Be Better

Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 12, 2008
Ship: Liberty of the Seas
The ship is awesome, and whenever it was docked next to other ships it definitely looked superior. There was a decent mix of adult and children activities. I wish there were more adult focused entertainment. It seemed like everything was geared towards the whole family. On other cruise ships I enjoyed adult comedians and shows for mature audiences.

Due to the extremely large amount of passengers I think the food suffered. The cooks had to rush preparation. Considering how many people they serve in the main dining rooms its amazing, but the food was average. Johnny Rockets was disappointing because it was so busy it took a long time to be served and the food was cold when we got it. Sorrentos also was a bit disappointing because the size of the servings were very small. As far as Portofino and Chops, both were excellent and I have never had a more enjoyable dining experience than those 2 specialty restaurants.

I was a bit upset about the limited hours that the flo-rider was open. The golf course was a bit boring as it had no variety, all holes were very similar. I also think the sports court could have been located indoors to allow maybe another pool with more seating. The climbing wall was fun and the lines were short. I would say the shows are what earned a good rating otherwise it would be average. The shows were good and almost all were family oriented. I wish there was a bit more geared towards adults. An uncensored comedian would have been nice.

The whole crew was excellent and tried very hard to please everybody. There were times when I saw passengers being very rude to some of the staff and they always smiled and continued doing a fine job.

Very clean and new looking. The only problem I saw were dishes piled in the hallways from people that had room service for their meals. That and a few irresponsible smokers discarding cigarette butts everywhere.

The bedding is what really stands out, its very comfortable. The rooms were very clean and the flat screen televisions were very nice. I stayed in a balcony room and I thought it was totally worth the money.
I did the zip lines in Jamiaca. The people here are very friendly. As far as the zip lines go, it was fun but it was over in under 30 minutes.
Several beautiful beaches and pristine water. Plus the staff came ashore for a cookout that was very impressive. I would stay on the port side of the island because it has calmer water if you are going to be in the water. Not a whole lot to do here except soak up the sun and eat.
Don't Miss: The dragons breath rocks were cool.
This was also a great spot. I did the dolphin swim. It was unforgettable. I recommend that or snorkeling. I did both because there is a diving guide located right off the pier. My dolphin excursion was later in the day so I booked a snorkel trip and it was very exciting and a great time. Too much to do in 1 day here.
This was my favorite port. I did the sting ray city swim and snorkel. It was amzing seeing the sting rays from the boat and when you jump into the water they swim right against you. It was probably the most incredible experience I have had on any vacation.
Don't Miss: Stingray City

Pros: The itinerary and excursions

Cons: the overcrowded pool chairs and smokers smoking in non-smoking areas

Recommends Liberty of the Seas? Yes!