Legend of the Seas Cruise Review to Panama Canal, Central America

Legend of the Seas Cruise through Panama Canal

Sail Date: April 14, 2015

The Panama Canal cruise was on my bucket list. I would not have picked such a long cruise otherwise. For those who love to cruise, this was a wonderful experience. I liked being on a smaller ship with an older crowd. The Solarium was such a nice, quite place to spend time while at sea. The outdoor movie screen in front of the pool was wonderful. We would usually watch the late showing of the movies, so sitting outdoors under the stars with a beautiful warm breeze was so relaxing and enjoyable. The cabin crew, waiters, etc., were exceptional. Everyone was friendly, courteous, and always ready to go above and beyond. The only negative for me was the very, very small bathrooms.

Older ship with not many amenities.
Although dinners and buffet were always enjoyable, the food was not exactly exceptional.
Everyone was always willing to go above and beyond. Their motto seems to be, "whatever you want, just let me know."
The dancers were great. The band was fantastic.
With an older crowd, the activities were probably appropriate.
I loved the destinations. The excursions have never been a favorite thing for me, although it was necessary due to the destinations such as Guatemala, Panama, and Cartagena.
This was a great room. It was large with plenty of storage space. The floor to ceiling window was like having a balcony. The bed was so comfortable. The bathroom was as small as all the other rooms. Tiny, tiny everything. The downside to this room is that it is located above the Centrum where there was entertainment until midnight every night. This particular room does not have a wall to protect it from the sounds of the bands. The drum beat from some of the louder bands was difficult to deal with. The few rooms of this size to the right of this room, are protected by a wall.
Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala
Antigua is a great town to visit. We took the self-guided tour bus because we were meeting family there and we have been there before. Lake Atitlan is such a beautiful lake with the volcano behind it and such beautiful views. I didn't talk to anyone who had been on the Tikal excursion, but I have been there before and it is not to be missed.
Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Puntarenas was beautiful, but I wasn't impressed with the excursion we took. It was a bus, train, boat excursion. The bus merely took us through the town to the train. The train was a mystery as to the "why" of it. It was an old, open window train that took us through the poorest part of the town with no real purpose and no destination. We then boarded the bus again and was taken to a jungle safari boat on a crocodile lake. We did see some beautiful sights, birds, and many crocs.
Panama Canal Transit
Loved this experience. It was fascinating and there was narrative throughout the passing. This was the purpose of our trip and it didn't disappoint, although it was hard to find a place to view. There was an offer for a limited amount of people to have front viewing for $75/ea that I wish we would have taken advantage of.
Colon, Panama
We took an excursion to Panama City which was quite interesting.
Cartagena, Colombia
Took the Cartagena Hop On, Hop Off tour. Nice way to see the whole city.