Ports of call amazing. Customer service horrible

Legend of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

11 Night Southern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 09, 2015
Ship: Legend of the Seas

My wife and I had been in several cruises with Carnival, before traveling with Royal Caribbean.  The ports of call were amazing- Aruba, barbados, Bonaire, St. Lucia, Antigua, Grenada.  We had an excursion at every port.  We had one excursion that was bad, and it was in Bonaire- 4x4 expenditure to see the flamingos, slave huts, salt mill, and beach.  The beaches were disappointing-, the route we took was trashy and bad- it seemed like the guide did not care- the overall experience was not pleasant.  Once back on the ship- I complained to the shore excursion desk requesting money back or onboard credit-  the clerk was very rude and said she had taken the same excursion couple weeks prior and it was good for her- I was surprised- I complained her manager- they ended up giving us 20% off the excursion as an "act of faith"-

The food service in the dining hall was decent-  food was hit or miss- either good or bad- nothing in the middle.  At dinner time, when I asked about the sliders, since everything on the menu looked like crap, the waiter said it was a plain burger.  When I asked about adding cheese and bacon, he said no.-seriously.

The shopping was overpriced- mostly junk.

The clerk at the entrance of the main dining hall was an A**, because we showed up 30 min. late, due to a spa treatment that ran over.

The photo clerk was an idiot-  They wanted to charge us the price for an 8x10 for a 6x8 because some of the photos came only in an 8x10.  When asked to speak with a manager, the clerk said the manner would tell us the same thing about the price-  just a big hassle.

The entertainment was horrible-  all based on 50-70's music/shows.  the comedy was par.  Nothing really to do on the ship.

The outdoor pools were cool not warm.

the hot tubs were luke warm not hot, like a tub should be.

The beds were a single mattress on a cot.- seriously.

bathrooms were extremely small.

fitness center and spa were a joke.

Chops grill and the sushi restaurant were amazing- only complaint was the added price of $18 for a Porterhouse streak.

Legends of the Sea is a very small ship.

Our overall experience on the ship and with Royal was bad- will not travel with Royal again.

Food was hot or miss

not impressive

Not impressive

N/A

Clean, but appeared old.

For the size it was fine for my wife and I, but the bathroom shower was extremely small. I could not fathom sleeping on a mattress on top of a cot. That should be embarrassing for Royal.

I enjoyed playing cards with our dinner friends. Comedy act was decent. Bored in the ship. Not impressed with the entertainment shows. Ship appeared to be old.

Surprised with how Americanized Aruba was, but the 4x4 safari excursion was amazing. Sights were awesome. beautiful scenery.
Excursion bad, city was ok.
Spice excursion was awesome
All I can say is WOW. 7 1/2 hour excursion amazing- caves, great food(lunch), green monkeys at the reserve, guide was awesome.
awesome
snorkel with the rays- amazing