Legend of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Horrible. This was the worst cruise.

Sail Date: June 13, 2009

We traveled to Italy on the Legand of the Seas. My husband suffered from food poisoning. We sent our clothes out to be laundered and the laundry lost our clothes for two days. When the clothes were returned, they were ruined ! (I believe they kept our clothes trying to fix the error and made it worse. I called Royal Carribean to be reimbursed and to date, I have not received the promised "form". Guess what people, it was charged for my husband suffering from food poisoning!! We were also told we would receive a "form" to be reimburesed for that. We have not receive the illusive "forms" to date. The ship's doctor told me to make sure my husband ate applesause and bland food. When I asked a staff member to provide applesauce, he told me "no, only at breakfast". -So, my husband had to suffer and not eat anything because the staff refused to provide food for him. We took pictures of the vacuum that sat outside our cabin door or my brother-in-law and sister's cabin door! There were dirty rags sitting on the counter when we returned from breakfast! Our rooms were not made up when we boarded, so we went to the Windjammer so our rooms could be prepared. The only saving grace is that we were allowed to go off the ship. Get this, our plumbing in our room overflowed three times while were were in the room. Our shower overflowed our first day on the ship with this brackish water swirling around our feet! Our toilet had -yep, you guessed it, floating to the top edge of the toilet when we lifted the lid. We called maintenance right away.

Pros: Italy was beautiful

Cons: The cruise accomodations and the food.

Recommends Legend of the Seas? No.

Small ship. The condition of the bathroom on the third floor was always dirty. There were paper towels on the floor and toilet paper. The toilet did not flush in one of the bathrooms. Obviously it was not very clean.
The dining room was very nice. The seating was very nice. The tableware was very nice. The food was horrible.
Our room did not have a refrigerator, which I was very surprised for what we paid for the cruise. The size was good for two people and overall comfort was okay. The condition was a little worn, but we were not in our room very much. Staff member was not much on the ball with cleaning the room. The vacuum sat outside our cabin door or my sister's cabin door every day.
Ship staff in the Windjammer was very unwilling to help us when my husband suffered from food poisoning. He was left to suffer without anything to eat.
The ship's entertainment was great.
Messina, Sicily
Very scenic. Words cannot describe all the beauty or history.
Portofino, Italy
This is the most scenic area. It is like walking in a puzzle. There are no words to describe its beauty.
Don't Miss: Don't miss the whole area. If you can see Portofino, I would recommend it.
Dubrovnik, Croatia
There was not much to see. It is just a shopping area really.
Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy
Words cannot discribe how beautiful the history, etc is in Pisa and Florence. It is truly magnificent.
Naples, Italy
Beautiful. You really have to go to Italy. Especially Rome to see the Spanish Steps, the Vatican, etc.
Venice, Italy