Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

1st Family Cruise

Sail Date: March 13, 2016

For a ship that is only a couple of weeks from being refurbished, it was in surprisingly good condition. The service was good as always. The general food was good, but has continuously gone downhill over the years. Specialty restaurants are still very good/excellent. This was my 14th cruise since 4/2005 so I know what I'm talking about. Royal C also appears to be cutting corners and nickel & diming folks to cut costs. Many little things but it's noticeable. For example, the Bingo jackpots on the last day were a joke. Hardly progressive at all. Not providing your Crown & Anchor balcony stateroom members with an inexpensive beach tote like they used to. I booked three balcony cabins and they didn't even recognize my birthday on their own like they used to. I travel the same time each year. The drink service on the pool decks wasn't as pronounced as it used to be.

Even with all this, still a nice cruise and the family had a good time. Royal C really has it's overworked service staff and their friendliness to thank for this. I still recommend the cruise line.

Cabin felt a little cramped and it had a balcony. Also, should have had a flat screen tv given that we're in 2016.
Never a problem with service or staff. Cruise lines in general should compensate them better.
Additional $ restaurants such as Chops and Portofino provide a high quality meal than in main dining. Overall, decent enough

1 Comment