Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Rocking and Rolling and Poor Communication with Beverage Packages

Sail Date: February 28, 2015

I think that due to the short distances between islands on this cruise, that slow speed was required, but also with slow speeds, I don't think stabilizers were effective or were not deployed thus giving the ship a constant rock and roll movement that kept you feeling like you were a "drunken sailor". Since I am not an alcohol drinker I found the sensation quite disturbing and I spent 22 years in the Navy. The seas were not that rough but we still experienced quite a bit of constant side to side movement. I thought the beverage package (sodas and water) was expensive at $156 but was told when we boarded that a second package would be at a 50% discount. We bought two, but as we reviewed our bill at the end of our cruise we had been billed for two packages with no discount. I called customer relations and was told the discount only applied to the next higher priced package. After several conversations the discount was applied, but this appears to be poor communication between sales officials and sales personnel offering the packages. We ended up spending an additional $400+ for this cruise over and above the price of the cruise. We will more closely review additional costs before we book with Royal Caribbean again.

Overall the ship was well cared for
Most of our meals were taken in the buffet and one dining room. It became pretty repetitive by the end of the cruise. Other dining was additional costs. Bummer!
Crew Members were always polite and professional. Thanks to Sammy our room attendant.
OK that's all
No children in our group
More ways to get you to spend more money!
St. Kitts, St. Marrten, and Dominca were poorly cared for islands except where tourist go. With so much tourist dollars, I expected to find Islands that I would want to revisit sometime in the future, but I found just the opposite. No more cruises to the southern caribbean for us.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Enjoyed San Juan, may look at revisit sometime in the future
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Same as St. Kitts
Roseau, Dominica
Same as St Kitts
Bridgetown, Barbados
Great beach and island tour

There were six of us in our group and it was difficult to find any location to play cards.

1 Comment