My First Cruise - Superb!

Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Southern Caribbean Holiday
Sail Date: November 30, 2013
Ship: Jewel of the Seas
Cabin Type: Suite

Since this was my first cruise ever, I was somewhat apprehensive what to expect.  I was extremely impressed how well Royal Caribbean International is organized.  The various departments of this cruiseline mesh seemlessly, and offer their guests exceptional service.  All staff members worked very hard to satisfy the ship's guests.

Lunch offered many choices from salads to pasta to sandwiches and more. Dinner menu choices and quality were exceptional.

Design of main swimming pool uses up a lot of space for a shallow water area where one can sit. As a result, the remaining area of the pool is relatively small. I prefer a larger, deep pool for swimming.

Mostly well done, but one comedian wasn't all that funny.

we do not have children

Top notch, always helpful and friendly, willing to do a little extra work when we asked them.

Everything functioned perfectly.

Our junior suite was larger than most hotel rooms. It included a walk-in closet and so much storage space that even this traveler who always takes too many clothes along still had storage space left over. Bathroom functioned exceptionally well, no clogged sink or bathtub, excellent water pressure, and a hand-held shower which I loved. Light in bathroom and stateroom exceptionally generous. Balcony was fun for sipping a glass of wine but, above all, to view the intricate maneuver of docking the ship.

We selected My Time Dining without reserving any specific hour for dinner. We just showed up at the Tides restaurant when we felt like eating and never had a problem getting a table.

Departure very well organized, we appreciated special lines for suite guests. Arrival on last morning equally well organized. A tasty breakfast in Chops Grille was an unexpected pleasure.