Island Princess Cruise Review to Panama Canal, Central America

Second Mate

First Cruise Experience

Sail Date: November 25, 2015

I really enjoyed cruising with Princess.  The Island Princess was beautiful and sooo clean ( they even let us tour the galley, and it was spotless!!).  The Food was excellent with so much variety that I am sure any preference could be satisfied.  The staff/crew were always helpful and considerate!  The only thing that held me back from giving a five star rating was the entertainment; I thought there would be more "shows".  Additionally, the "destination lectures", although informative, felt more like sales pitches for the excursions.  I often felt like the whole cruise was targeted to selling something or the other;  jewelry, art, excursions, future cruises....instead of focusing on providing an unforgettable experience on the current cruise!  That being said, I will definitely cruise with Princess again!

Cruise Photos

loved this location; very close to elevators (traveling with elderly mother) and just one stairway up to the Horizon Court Buffet.

You will probably need a map to get around your first couple of days; all the elevators don't go to all the floors, and it takes a while to learn "fore" and "aft" !