A DREAM COME TRUE!!!

Island Princess Cruise Review to Panama Canal, Central America

Contributor Level: Third Mate

11 Night Panama Canal Partial Transit (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 20, 2014
Ship: Island Princess
Cabin Number: P533

This cruise was a dream come true - always wanted to see the Panama Canal and now can cross it off my Bucket List. I haven't done much cruising so can't compare.  All I know is that everything I read about the ship and the tours that I picked for each port were right on target.  The food was great- I made a point to eat in both Sabatini's and Cafe Bayou.  I was alone and really appreciated the chef spending some time talking with me.  The shows and seminars were entertaining and interesting - I learned a lot about the various ports we stopped at.  My steward was attentive and helpful.  My table mates at Provence for dinners were interesting and our waiter was charming and thoughtful.  I met some very nice people at the bars, the knitting circle, the book club, the pool, and on the tours.  I can't think of anything that I was unhappy with.  I have a 1-1/2" looseleaf that is filled with pictures and information from the trip.  I know that I will be looking through it many, many times.  Incorrect info re my accomodations - had a balconey room on Baja deck.

Not applicable

For really good pictures of the locks go to the rear promenade on the Baja Deck