Not what I expected of Princess

Island Princess Cruise Review to Panama Canal, Central America

10 Night Roundtrip Panama Canal (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 30, 2012
Ship: Island Princess
This cruise was not up to the level I expected from Princess. Our first cruise was an Alaska cruise with Princess and the food, activities and service were great. One of our favorite things was a hot room service breakfast, but not so with this cruise. The only thing on the menu was a continental breakfast or a breakfast sandwich similar to an egg McMuffin from McDonalds - not what I expected from Princess Cruises which I remembered as the best cruise I had ever taken. Also, there was a lack of educational activities and an excess of sales pitches. However, I think the entertainment was top class.

Nothing special

Not much except trivia.

Best thing about the cruise except staff talent show - enough with the karaoke!

Not applicable

Excellent service in stateroom and dining room.

Well kept and clean

Small and no room for a sofa

The library is nice if you can get one the leather chairs. If you write something on the menu that is not listed, you will get it.

Long wait to board and no special treatment as a return cruiser
Not much there and not much to do
Interesting vibrant city - would like more time
Very interesting and highlight of the cruise
Good for shopping and close to ship
Really interesting and tour guide was wonderful
Pretty island and a good way to see if you would want to return - I would!