Island Princess Cruise Review to Panama Canal, Central America

Purser

Not what I expected of Princess

Sail Date: December 30, 2012

Cabin: 703

This cruise was not up to the level I expected from Princess. Our first cruise was an Alaska cruise with Princess and the food, activities and service were great. One of our favorite things was a hot room service breakfast, but not so with this cruise. The only thing on the menu was a continental breakfast or a breakfast sandwich similar to an egg McMuffin from McDonalds - not what I expected from Princess Cruises which I remembered as the best cruise I had ever taken. Also, there was a lack of educational activities and an excess of sales pitches. However, I think the entertainment was top class.
Well kept and clean
Nothing special
Small and no room for a sofa
Excellent service in stateroom and dining room.
Best thing about the cruise except staff talent show - enough with the karaoke!
Children's Programs Not applicable
Not much except trivia.
Lots of interesting stops.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Long wait to board and no special treatment as a return cruiser
Oranjestad, Aruba
Not much there and not much to do
Cartagena, Colombia
Interesting vibrant city - would like more time
Panama Canal (Cruise Into Canal) Very interesting and highlight of the cruise
Colon, Panama
Good for shopping and close to ship
Puerto Limon, Costa Rica
Really interesting and tour guide was wonderful
George Town, Grand Cayman
Pretty island and a good way to see if you would want to return - I would!

The library is nice if you can get one the leather chairs. If you write something on the menu that is not listed, you will get it.