Go only for the Panama Canal

Island Princess Cruise Review to Panama Canal, Central America

10 Night Roundtrip Panama Canal (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 30, 2010
Ship: Island Princess
Checking in was fine. We got there a little before 11:00 am and only had to wait 20-30 minutes. The cabin was an inside cabin and we liked that it had a separate closet/dressing area.

From there it went down hill. The service was terrible. We went to the main dining room mostly and the servers were very unmotivated. I like lemon with my water and NEVER did I get it on the 1st request. We had anytime dining and there was only a minimal wait if you were willing to share a table. But if you wanted to sit by yourself you waited 30-45 minutes.

The food was marginal. Most of the soups were tasteless. Several dishes I sent back. I never remember doing this with Royal Carribean. I also did not like that they did not have a wine package. The average bottle of wine as 40. plus 15% gratutity.

The Panama Canual partial transit was the best part of the cruise. We also took the excursion Panama Canal by boat and this was the best. Did the full transit by a smaller boat.

The ship is nice but there didn't seem to be very many activities. They have alot of trivia if your in to that. We ended out watching alot of movies. There movie selection was good and we like the big screen they had on deck 14.

The Spa is a joke. They advertise one price and charge you another. It seems it is all about how much they can charge you not what the customer wants.

I would not pick a Princess ship if I had a choice. There are too many ships out there that are willing to pay attention to what there customers want not what the crew members want to offer.

poor

minamal available- good movies

A good cabin attendent otherwise no one seemed to care about the customer wants or needs

A lot of rocking for a ship of this size

good for an inside cablin
Did the full Panama Canal Transit by boat a great experience
Just did some shopping here. We have been here before. We were there on a Sunday and very few shops are open.
Did some shopping and got a margeritta at Jimmy Buffets.
did the palace and shopping excursion. It was OK. Shopping was very poor. $10. for a pound of coffee is high in my opinion
did the rain forest by tram. Rained the whole time. When they say take rain rear they don't mean just a jacket. You get soaked if you don't have the proper attaire or you buy their poncho

Pros: Great cabin & cabin attendant

Cons: Food & service

Recommends Island Princess? No.