Best cruise so far!

Insignia Cruise Review to Caribbean

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Insignia

10 Night Caribbean Melody (Miami Roundtrip)

Sail date: December 18, 2019

Ship: Insignia

Cabin number: 8014

Traveled as: Couple

Review summary

This was the best cruise we’ve ever taken. Life aboard the ship itself was very relaxing; exactly what we wanted. The combination of the highest quality of meals and the amazing crew who waited on us was outstanding! The shows were amazing, varied, and performed by very talented people who obviously enjoyed what the did and gave 150% effort while doing it! I simply can’t say enough good things about our experience aboard Oceania’s Insignia and can’t wait for our next Oceania cruise!

Embarkation

No lines!

Ship experiences

Absolutely the best food on any cruise ship we’ve been on!!

Terrace Cafe

The best buffet on the high seas!

Horizons Lounge

The bartenders were wonderful-go Pegasus!

Grand Dining

Absolutely the highest quality food on any cruise I’ve ever been on! Every meal was amazing!

Steam Room

Very clean and spacious.

Spa

My massage with Rixon was best I’ve ever had!

Fitness Center

Very clean.

Outstanding shows! The entertainment was varied, and it was obvious everyone enjoyed what they did and all gave 150% toward their performances! The ships show crew was the best I’ve ever watched!

Boutique

Very helpful, polite, knowledgeable, and patient staff.

My children are grown.

Outstanding service from all the ship’s crew. All were friendly, attentive, and polite.

Clean ship.

For an inside cabin, ours was comfortable. The bed was very comfortable. Usually when the two beds are pushed together to make one, your always aware of the space between the mattresses. Not this time!

Ports of call

Miami, Florida

Gustavia, St. Barthelemy

Fort-De-France, Martinique

Castries, St. Lucia

The minute we stepped off the ship, we were inundated with natives trying to sell us something. It was very high pressure and exhausting. We ended up taking a taxi to a beach and had a great time, but the port itself is very high pressure. I’d go again but this time try an excursion.

Basseterre, St. Kitts

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Great Stirrup Cay (Cruise Line Private Island), Bahamas Did not visit port

Weather was not conducive to tendering in.

Disembarkation