No more RC for us

Independence of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Independence of the Seas

5 Night Western Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)

Sail date: December 24, 2018

Ship: Independence of the Seas

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 1690

Traveled as: Family (young children)

Review summary

Boring and bland. Will be going back to Disney for sure! Worth the extra money.

Embarkation

Great! Sped right through

Ship experiences

Same old thing every meal. Very little seafood. Bland. My daughter found a larve in my berries at dinner.

Pool, rock climbing, Sky Pad. They were ok, nothing overly exciting or memorable about them.

Cruise director is a joke. He sounded drunk on stage at one show! Most of the early (7pm) entertainment was inappropriate and we walked out of 2 shows. I was told earlier showed were family friendly.

Horrible! They have no way to reach you in an emergency other then to call your stateroom or page you over the shops PA system. If I drop my child off, I'm probably not going to go sit in my stateroom! PA? Can't hear or understand half of them! Didn't feel comfortable at all with this. Maybe user pagers when dropping them off or portable stateroom phones (they have old hotel phones, very dates) to reach parents. And they were only open certain times of the day.

Our room steward was wonderful! Our dining room servers were amazing! Loved all 3 of them.

Was told it had been refurbished. However they must not have done the main areas or the cabins as they were a little old and a lot dated.

Clean, but not new as we were told. Normal size so we knew what to expect. Average.

Ship tip

Go with another cruise line unless you like to be bored and have minimal activities. Bring cards for sea days.

Ports of call

Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida

It was fine for over night. No excursions.

Walked about, had lunch. Clean and friendly.

Cococay (Cruise Line's Private Island) Did not visit port