Independence of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Great experience for first timers!

Sail Date: January 02, 2016

This was our first cruise. My husband and I are a young Indian couple residing in US currently. We had done a lot of research before embarking on this cruise. Personally, I had come across mixed reviews and was not sure about what to expect. However, I am glad to say that we were pleasantly surprised by the level of service and attention provided by the crew members. Our dining experiences were made extremely memorable by Robert, Martin and Faheem. On the very first day, my husband mentioned to the front desk manager (Faheem) about the possibility of getting some Indian vegetarian food for some of the nights. Faheem took extra care to find us a table quickly that would accommodate our needs. From there-on, each dinner was a wonderful experience where we were treated to delicious Indian food in addition to dishes offered in the regular menu. Terence (from housekeeping) maintained our stateroom splendidly. The only disappointment was the cancellation of our snorkeling excursion at Chakanaab resort in Cozumel, Mexico (made through Royal Caribbean) due to questionable weather. However, we paid extra $20 to another dive shop at the resort and went ahead with snorkeling on our own. The loading and unloading process through tender boats at Belize was extremely smooth, as opposed to the terrible stories we had heard. New River and Lamanai Mayan Ruins excursion at Belize was loads of fun. We highly recommend it. The shows and performances organized by the creative director Leigh and his team were excellent. One of the best show was the Ice Skating show called Freeze Frame, we were amazed with the skating performances! We went to each of the late night shows and would come out smiling every time. My husband enjoyed the different Jacuzzis and pools while I took advantage of the on-board spa center (awesome job by Wendy). All in all, we had a wonderful time and are planning to go back for another cruise with royal Caribbean sometime soon!