Independence of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

Keep Looking

Sail Date: December 05, 2015

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Not able to enjoy Belize or Cozumel ports due to bad weather so I have nothing to say about excursions.  The waiters I had at my table were great. Traveled with my 4 year old granddaughter and she fell asleep at the table prior to being served.  He made sure the next days she had her food right away in case she fell asleep again. I had the premium drink package and I should have drank beer or wine so the bartenders couldn't mess them up. First had a dirty martini which I think I was missing the vodka (Kettle One) called drink. Tasted like pure olive juice. Another time at dinner I asked for a chocolate martini.  I have no clue what they gave me but they left it and brought me another looking entirely different. Also the Bloody Mary's were not good.  At dinner I asked for a frozen Oreo Cookie drink for my granddaughter and ended up being given a chocolate chip cookie instead.  My drinks were ordered prior to ordering my meal and not delivered until I was almost finished with my meals.  Last day they failed to give me my key card back & had to look for it after the restaurant closed.

Lots of storage space and safe was easy to use and big enough to hold all your items. Room steward was great.
Majorly backed up getting ON ship. A family getting off the ship told us to expect delays. Not able to start boarding until 12:15pm. Getting off ship all must go to holding area for your number. Only can hear worker shout out your number to get off. If it had been raining we would have been drenched. Wheelchair pick up area was far away.
Hated walking through the casino area on the 4th level as you always smelled cigarettes. The rest of the ship was good.
Not able to enjoy Belize or Cozumel. Excessive rain in Cozumel caused for us to cancel excursion or have it cancelled for us. Nothing to pick from in Belize for a 4 year to enjoy.
Granddaughter enjoyed camp on rainy days.
My granddaughter enjoyed her time with the children's program.
Ice show was good including the 2 shows in the theater. Best show was the Elvis impersonator they brought on in Belize & he got off in Cozumel.
Unfriendly staff, no smile on their faces. Thought they would run me over if I didn't let them go past me. Bartenders the worst for making drinks! My table & room steward were the only smiling faces.
Only desert was excellent.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Port of Miami is better than Port Everglades & I live in Ft. Lauderdale.
Belize City, Belize
Make sure to do a excursion. Terminal area not worth hanging out in. Visited many years with excursion but not much to do with a 4 year old.
Long walk to terminal if a person has trouble walking.

In Belize you need to get a number to get onto the tender. My number was 19 & they were calling number 4 at that time. Get your number early & this was several hours after anchor dropped. All photos are $22.95. At times when I wanted pictures taken of my granddaughter there were no photographers.

1 Comment