Independence of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Sail Date: October 04, 2015

I have previously cruised twice before on another cruise line so I am familiar with the processes of cruising. Let me begin by saying, the person assigned to my cabin Casbyn was outstanding. He was helpful and very courteous. The servers during dinner Ina and her partner were amazing. They were very accommodating and friendly. The shows every night were exceptional and Ricky the cruise director was fantastic. However, the food for morning and lunch was much to be desired. The Windjammer could not accommodate the passengers during breakfast and lunch. The waiters didn't understand anything out of the normal questions and neither could guest relations. During the day, if you were not a kid there want a whole lot to do. I was unable to go in the pool due to back surgery so it was kind of boring during days at sea. We had purchased a shore excursion in Jamaica, and the tour guide left without my mother-in-laws and I. They did offer a complimentary shore excursion; however, most of or morning was lost trying to figure out where we should be and waiting. It was incredibly unorganized. If people are doing to interact with the public they should be able to: 1. comprehend and know the different excursions; 2. Be able to direct cruise passengers accordingly since we are unfamiliar with the island our shore excursions. It was very upsetting. Markey Mark was fun but he ridiculed this mother and daughter during kareoke which was totally uncalled for. People are volunteering to come up and sing in front of strangers and the MC makes fun of them. That's just not right! Finally, the hallway to the left of the entrance to the Allejandra Theatre, where the ladies bathroom is, where I feel over a floor dryer after having back surgery. The hallway was not lit very well and there was no signage indicating anything do I followed the crowd only I was the one who feel over the dryer. Luckily, after visiting the medical facility on the ship, and being examined and x rayed I was ok. To avoid this in the future, light up hallway better or if equipment is there put signage out do it is noticeable. Or, block the hallway from being used to avoid any injuries.
Other than that the cruise was okay. I will probably not recommend to my friends nor travel with Royal Caribbean's Independence of the Seas again. It was not worth $1500 plus a built in 18% gratuity for everything I purchased. There were definitely services I would not have tipped that much. In addition, I would have had a better time drinking responsibly than having to worry about the gratuity every time I wanted a beer. Your loss!

Disappointed passenger
It was small but manageable. Bathrooms were incredibly small and kept bumping my elbow on shower door.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Add more agents for immigration do it does not prolong disembarkment.
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
Falmouth, Jamaica
Have shore excursion guides comprehend and speak English so they can appropriately guide passengers to their destination for the shore excursion.
George Town, Grand Cayman

Be careful where you walk as equipment can be in a dark hallway and you don't want to fall over it.

1 Comment