Independence of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

October 2015 Girls Cruise

Sail Date: October 04, 2015

My week on the Independence of the Seas was absolutely the best vacation I've ever had. Carnival Cruises tainted my view of cruises 27 years ago, and I was reluctant to sign up. Thank goodness my mother encouraged us to take this adventure with her because I couldn't rave about it more. My mom, sister, sister in law and I didn't want it to end. We could have stayed on that ship forever.

A big thank you to the wonderful staff on this ship for making it such an incredible experience. We were treated like royalty throughout the entire week. We absolutely loved the dining staff who served us, David Porter, Joseph and Amiel were so attentive to us that we wanted to take them home with us! :) Hang on to those three gentleman; they are the best. Such great attitudes and always met us with a smile.

Our cabin Steward, Abdul, was also extremely attentive, helpful and clean. He did a wonderful job keeping our cabin ship shape and always had a great attitude, greeted us with a smile and made us feel special.

I am planning to bring my husband, kids and grandkids on a cruise next year and will only go with Royal Carribean after having one of the best times of my life last week.

I miss you Royal Carribean! Love

Cruise Photos

Having a handicapped mother, this cabin was absolutely perfect in size, storage and amenities. The only thing I would have added was another outlet in the bathroom.
Embarkation was extremely well done, organized and so simple. Disembarkation was a chaotic nightmare. I realize that part of the reason was because Customs got bogged down but putting people in a dining room for hours on end left a bad taste in my mouth after having such a wonderful time. I honestly felt like a cat in a cage trying to get off that boat.
I was amazed. Incredible ship that was always clean, always toilet paper in the bathrooms, etc... It's like a vacation resort on the sea.
Never had a chance to get bored. Loved every minute, just wish I could have stayed awake 24 - 7 so I could have enjoyed everything. Didn't want to miss a thing.
Loved our servers in the dining room, David Porter, Joseph and Amiel, as well as our cabin steward, Abdul. They were awesome.
Awesome variety of food and delicious!
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
Falmouth, Jamaica
Don't take a cab ride in Jamaica. It's not safe. Stick with Royal Carribean excursions.
George Town, Grand Cayman

Carry your own bags off the ship if you don't want to get bogged down waiting in lines forever in customs.