Independence of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Sail Date: April 25, 2015

We have only been on one other cruise so far, but there was a notable difference in customer service on the Independence. When we cruised on the Allure of the Seas a couple of years ago, the customer service from all of the staff was outstanding. Although there were a few outstanding staff people on the Independence (especially our wait staff in the main dining room), the general feel was not as welcoming. We were even treated very rudely by a gentleman at guest services when asking about which port we were docking on in the morning. I think it was because the excursion was not booked through Royal Caribbean. It was very disturbing. All in all we had a very enjoyable time on the ship. We wished that there had been more of a variety of shows in the evenings. The shows we did see were spectacular. The only other thing that felt a little uncomfortable was that a lot of the employees seemed upset if you didn't add an extra gratuity to things where it was already added to. I am truly hoping the the employees get the gratuities that are added or prepaid. I truly hate to complain and usually don't but I am a massage therapist and massage is a huge part of my life. When I booked my massage for the Island in Haiti, I booked it for 75 minutes. This was one of the top things that I had been looking forward to. When I got there the girl told me that she only had time for 50 because they had to book other people. I did enjoy the massage but was very upset by this. All in all, everything was O.K. We are going to give Royal Caribbean another chance and try to cruise next time on the Oasis, Quantam, or the Anthem, hoping we see the service we had on the Allure.

The shows were great but not many options.